Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionStop, Think, Act: Integrating Self-regulation in the Early Childhood Classroom offers early childhood teachers the latest research and a wide variety of hands-on activities to help children learn and practice self-regulation techniques. Self-regulation in early childhood leads to strong academic performance, helps students form healthy friendships, and gives them the social and emotional resources they need to face high-stress situations throughout life. The book takes you through everything you need to kw about using self-regulation principles during circle time, in literacy and math instruction, and during gross motor and outdoor play. Each chapter includes a solid research base as well as practical, developmentally-appropriate games, songs, and strategies that you can easily incorporate in your own classroom. With Stop, Think, Act, you'll be prepared to integrate self-regulation into every aspect of the school day.
- Author BiographyMegan M. McClelland is the Katherine E. Smith Healthy Children and Families Professor in Human Development and Family Sciences at Oregon State University. Her research focuses on optimizing children's development, especially as it relates to children's self-regulation and school readiness, including links between self-regulation and academic achievement from early childhood to adulthood, recent advances in measuring self-regulation, and intervention efforts to improve these skills in young children. Shauna L. Tominey is an associate research scientist at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence. As the Director of Early Childhood Programming and Teacher Education, her work focuses on developing and implementing programs aimed at improving social and emotional outcomes for children and families.
- Author(s)Megan M. McClelland,Shauna L. Tominey
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.