Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDo you believe that life is a journey, a grand adventure? So did Jack Byrom. Despite a life of incredible bad luck and hardship, he managed to enjoy great adventures all over America and keep a positive attitude in all situations-and there are a lot of situations here. Read about his adventures as a bicycle racing fanatic, long-haul trucker, disabled person, and spiritual pilgrim. Who else would visit a convent in a 75 foot auto transport truck, watch a bike race sitting next to Olympic gold medalist Connie Carpenter, drive an 18-wheeler to a truck stop to meet his (future) wife for their first date, meet the Antichrist at The Ohio State University, or witness Cherenkov radiation with the naked eye? Sample chapter titles: I Decide to Visit Earth; We Climb the Lone Cone; The Ten-Speed; Colorado National Monument; High as a Kite from a Fluffy White Powder; Italian Operas, Shoes, and Bike Parts; The Old Man and His Bike; Hot Chicken Soup; Tour de Manhattan; I Get Gary and His Truck Home for Christmas; Truck Driver Visits a Convent; Carz in tha Hood; God Blessed Texas; A Visit to the L.A. Beach ; Mishap in Mit; and Jimmy Martin Fuels Up in Tennessee. Have you ever wondered or worried about those big trucks that carry cars? Read the inside story here on what it's like to drive an auto transport truck across America. Or are you someone that has ever wondered about bicycle racing or the Tour de France? Do you believe that the human spirit can conquer and triumph over all challenges, including severe illness? Then get this book.
- Author BiographyJack Byrom was born in Utah in 1967. Since then he has had an abundance of adventure that occurred while he was trying to figure out life and what to do with his many problems. He won the Mesa County, Colorado, spelling bee in 1977, flunked high school chemistry, and rode and raced bicycles well over 50,000 miles. He drove an auto transport truck across America for 3 years, where he learned how to avoid low bridges. He is a 2003 graduate of Capital University in Columbus, Ohio, cum laude, where he studied environmental science and science education. He worked as a technical editor for the American Chemical Society for nearly 2 years and has also taught environmental science, physics, and math. He lives in the Sacramento, California, area, the fourth state capital he has lived in, after Salt Lake City, Denver, and Columbus, Ohio. He thinks that there is a joyful purpose and plan for every human life.
- Author(s)Jack S Byrom
- PublisherPhoenix Ohio Books
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPhoenix Ohio Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.