Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.66+ AU $6.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by mybargainaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationStorm Boy lives with his recluse father on South Australia's lonely and beautiful coast. Here his free spirit roams with his pet pelican Mr Percival and his secret Aboriginal friend, Fingerbone Bill. Suddenly there are intruders, the local school teacher who wants him to take lessons, a resentful wildlife ranger, and duck shooters. As he grows up Storm Boy is forced to choose between a life of continued isolation and the challenges of the outside world.
- TitleStorm Boy
- Product Release Date10/08/2006
- Theatrical Release Year1976
- Number of Discs1
- ActorsDavid Gulpilil,Greg Rowe,Judy Dick,Peter Cummins
- DirectorsHenri Safran
- Run Time88 minutes
- Primary GenreChildren & Family
- Sub GenreAustralian
- Tag LineHis free spirit roams with his pet pelican, Mr Percival and his secret Aboriginal friend, Fingerbone Bill. He knows no other world.
Most relevant reviews
- 58anniem17 May, 2016by
I love this film so much - its just a wonderful story and the cast are fabulous - especially Mr Percival!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- animeaddict199310 Jan, 2014by
A great aussie classic about a bond between boy and a pelican named Mr Percival. It is truly heart warming. A great movie for the entire family.
- 5616davidc19 Mar, 2013by
Storm Boy's real name in the film is Mike—the moniker "Storm Boy" was given
Storm Boy (Greg Rowe) likes to wander alone along the fierce deserted coast of South Australia's Coorong. He and his father live a reclusive life among the dunes that face out into the Southern Ocean. After a pelican mother is shot, Storm Boy rescues three chicks; he names them Mr Proud, Mr Ponder and Mr Percival, and nurses them back to health. His father, known to some as 'Hideaway Tom,' forces Storm Boy to release the birds, but Mr Percival returns. The boy and the pelican form a special bond. Mr Percival is shot by hunters and dies. The story also looks at the conflict between Storm Boy's lifestyle and the externally imposed requirement for him to attend school. Storm Boy's real name in the film is Mike—the moniker "Storm Boy" was given to him by Fingerbone Bill (David Gulpilil), an aboriginal man who becomes his friend.Storm Boy's real name in the film is Mike—the moniker "Storm Boy" was given to him by Fingerbone Bill (David Gulpilil), an aboriginal man who becomes his friend. Read full review
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $48.99Trending at AU $88.23
- AU $63.95Trending at AU $75.64
- AU $24.89Trending at AU $47.24
- AU $64.23Trending at AU $95.19
- AU $83.94Trending at AU $114.17
- AU $24.45Trending at AU $25.97
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $80.80