All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume discusses the general physics of debris flows and various approaches to modeling - including the SEGMENT-Landslide approach - as well as the pros and cons of these approaches and how other approaches are sub-sets of the SEGMENT-Landslide approach. In addition, this volume will systematically unify the concepts of vadose zone hydrology and geotechnical engineering, with special emphasis on quantifying ecosystem consequences of storm-triggered landslides in a warmer climate setting. The reader will find a comprehensive coverage of concepts ranging from hillslope hydrology, porous granular material rheology and the fundamentals of soil properties, to state-of-the-art concepts of enhanced hydrological cycle with climate warming and a discussion of new approaches for future research.
- Author BiographyDr. Ren's main interests lie in climate diagnostics, dynamic data assimilation and fluid mechanics, as well as land surface modeling of ecosystem responses to a warming climate, glacier/ice sheet dynamic modeling, natural hazards such as storm-triggered landslides, frozen soil thawing and refreezing processes and soil nutrient fluctuations. He has coded a scalable, extensible and adaptable geo-fluid model (SEGMENT), which offers a unified approach for a disparate set of poorly understood phenomena in geophysical flows/movements such as glacier sudden surge and which is also is capable of describing nutrient content between different vegetation types.
- Author(s)Diandong Ren
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 94 colour illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight767 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.