All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic account is a dynamic and vivid record of what it was like to fight with Britain's Commandos across wartime. Peter Young, who joined 3 Commando in June 1940 and went into action with them in July of that year, sets down a spirited tale of adventure, heroism and ever-present danger in this valuable narrative of an elite force at war. Storm from the Sea is the commandos' story of war and describes a number of key Commando raids against targets in occupied Europe. The first amphibious operation of te was against the Lofoten islands and a second raid against Vaagso quickly followed. Despite a setback at Dieppe, the commandos continued to any the Germans with hit and run attacks and Peter Young's men participated in the invasion of Sicily and in operations in Italy until being recalled for D-Day. Hard fighting in Normandy followed and the author recalls the daily skirmishes and ambushes which, for the commandos, so typified the liberation of France. After a brief period attached to 3rd Commando Brigade in Burma, Peter Young ended his war preparing for operations in Malaya. The conflict had been a punishing adventure but, as he testifies in Storm from the Sea, his Army Commandos came through with a tremendous reputation for daring and stealth.
- Author BiographyPeter Young, DSO, MC, served in 3 Commando in World War II. He later commanded a regiment in the Arab Legion and taught at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst.
- Author(s)Peter Young
- PublisherGreenhill Books
- Date of Publication15/11/2002
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Series TitleGreenhill Military Paperback S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreenhill Books
- Out-of-print date18/05/2005
- Content Note12 plates, 6 maps
- Weight295 g
- Width214 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.