All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book illuminates how technique serves 'story logic,' the particular way fiction makes meaning. Writers raid the cupboard of theory looking for what works, and generic rules don't account for the rich variety of strategies they employ. For writers who are past the beginner stage, Brady offers a closer look at craft fundamentals, including plot, characterization, patterns of imagery, and style. The lively, lucid discussion draws on vivid examples from classic and contemporary fiction, ranging from George Eliot and William Faulkner to Haruki Murakami and Toni Morrison. Because it supplies the analytical tools needed to read as a writer, this text will enrich the reader's approach to any work of fiction, energizing discussion in a workshop or craft course.
- Author BiographyCatherine Brady is the author of three story collections, including Curled in the Bed of Love, winner of the Flannery O'Connor Award for Short Fiction. A former president of the Association of Writers and Writing Programs, she teaches in the MFA in Writing Program at the University of San Francisco, USA.
- Author(s)Catherine Brady
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/09/2010
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight257 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.