All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStory and Song: A Postcolonial Interplay between Christian Education and Worship examines the roles of Scripture and hymdy in a Christian community in the twenty-first century, an era marked by a growing awareness of complex issues and migrating contexts. This work identifies the divisions that have existed between these two disciplines. The postcolonial approach employed here offers insights that uncover the colonial assumptions that led to division rather than integration of worship and Christian education. Furthermore, this book seeks to employ qualitative research methods in studying a Korean-Canadian diasporic congregation and a Korean feminist Christian group. Such research demonstrates how the Gospel Story and the congregation's stories can be woven together in a particular context, while the Song of Faith can help to build a postcolonial feminist community. Readers will be equipped to mend the divisions between Christian education and worship, to respond to the needs of n-Western Christian communities, and to attain postcolonial insights. A balanced theoretical work with reflective practical descriptions, this volume will be useful to those who are looking for a text to guide Christian education and worship courses and contribute to the readings of courses in practical theology, postcolonial studies, feminist pedagogies, and feminist liturgies.
- Author BiographyHyeran Kim-Cragg holds a ThD from Toronto School of Theology in the University of Toronto. She is Lydia Gruchy Professor of Pastoral Theology at St. Andrew's College, Saskatoon, Canada. She is one of the recipients of the 2011 McGeachy Senior Scholarship of the United Church of Canada. Her recent publications appear in the journals Religious Education and the Ecumenist and as chapters in the books What Young Asian Theologians Are Thinking (2012) and Called to Be the Church: Intercultural Visions (2012).
- Author(s)HyeRan Kim-Cragg
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number323
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight380 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.