Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionFor thousands of years storytelling has been a key means of instruction in cultures around the world. Today stories are told for educational purposes in virtually every domain of human endeavor. This book explores various theoretical and practical aspects of storytelling as an instructional method. It is divided into sections that examine instructional uses of the four types of storytelling: scenario-based, problem-based, case-based and narrative. The book's chapters cover a variety of topics including; theories of storytelling instructional effectiveness, story archetypes, cognition and storytelling, the use of stories in instructional games, and effective instructional strategies that employ stories. In addition, practical applications of storytelling are given for healing combat stress and improving information security. The intended audiences are teachers, instructors and instructional designers of all types. In addition, instructional and educational researchers should benefit from the book. Finally, the book should be of aid to storytellers who seek to make their stories more effective instructional devices.
- PublisherSense Publishers
- Date of Publication23/04/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSense Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byD H Andrews,K Demeester,T D Hull
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.