All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This book looks at the benefits to children of listening to fairy tales, a selection of which are provided, and creating their own. I found Storytelling with Children in Crisis thought provoking and I am glad I was able to put into practice some of its ideas.' - Counselling Children and Young People Journal 'Describing home-based therapeutic work in real-life chaotic families, this book has relevance to anyone working with children and families. What is most helpful is the author's readiness to discuss her own doubts and vulnerabilities.' - Community Care Molly Salans has been a storyteller for many years, visiting children in deprived areas who have depression, ADHD and behavioral problems caused by poverty, absent fathers, depressed mothers, run-down schools and violence. Describing her therapy sessions as they happened, Molly Salans puts the children in the context of their lives and recounts her sessions, the folk and fairy stories she told and the ones they developed themselves. In doing so, she shows how storytelling and listening, thinking about characters in the stories and talking about alternative endings inspires the imagination, compassion and way of thinking needed to cope with such emotionally difficult lives. This remarkable book includes over fifteen original children's drawings and reveals the methodology Molly uses to help heal these children and their families, making it essential for all those involved in therapy and in storytelling.
- Author BiographyMolly Salans is a child and family psychotherapist, storyteller, poet and Kabbalistic healer. She incorporates story and poetry in her private practice as often as she can. In addition she performs one woman shows, and is also a member of Iyanu, a multimedia performance troop, which specializes in ancient stories, original poetry and music. Molly also teaches storytelling and poetry workshops. She lives in Groton, Massachusetts and has a private practice in Littleton, MA.
- Author(s)Molly Salans
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/01/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteindex
- Weight353 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.