Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.51Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.67Trending at AU $13.03
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe story takes place in San Francisco in the 1980s. Diane and Cindy, a lesbian couple, pay an acquaintance Sam to father a child for Diane. But after the baby boy Charlie is born, Diane finds herself in a tug-of-war between a strong-willed Sam who wants to maintain contact with his son and an equally strong-willed Cindy who insists he get out of their lives. Diane's attempts to balance their competing demands while trying to do what is best for the baby lead to lies, intrigues and cover-ups galore. Things reach a head when Cindy leaves her and Sam makes it plain he doesn't wish to abandon his bachelor life to become a family man. Diane is forced to rethink her balancing act and to seek out her own true needs and desires.
- Author BiographyMargaret R. Davis received a doctorate in Sociology from Stanford University, specializing in the sociology of the family and formal organizations. She enjoys writing, reading, walking, travel, and the company of her family. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Author(s)Margaret R Davis
- PublisherKelso Books
- Date of Publication08/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKelso Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.