All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis third edition of Straight and Level thoroughly updates the previous edition with extensive comments on recent industry developments and emerging business models. The discussion is illustrated by current examples drawn from all sectors of the industry and every region of the world. The fundamental structure of earlier editions, w widely used as a framework for air transport management courses, netheless remains unchanged. Part 1 of the book provides a strategic context within which to consider the industry's ecomics. Part 2 is built around a simple yet powerful model that relates operating revenue to operating cost; it examines the most important elements in demand and traffic, price and yield, output and unit cost. Part 3 probes more deeply into three critical aspects of capacity management: network management; fleet management; and revenue management. Part 4 concludes the book by exploring relationships between unit revenue, unit cost, yield, and load factor. Straight and Level has been written primarily for masters-level students on aviation management courses. The book should also be useful to final year undergraduates wanting to prepare for more advanced study. Amongst practitioners, it will appeal to established managers moving from functional posts into general management. More broadly, anyone with kwledge of the airline industry who wants to gain a deeper understanding of its ecomics at a practical level and an insight into the reasons for its financial volatility should find the book of interest.
- Author BiographySteve Holloway is a former investment banker who has worked as an independent consultant since the early 1990s. He was educated at the London School of Economics, the University of Southern California, and Cranfield. As well as vocational qualifications in the financial services and travel industries, Steve holds advanced degrees in systems management and air transport management.
- Author(s)Stephen Holloway
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2008
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteincludes 10 b&w illustrations
- Weight1316 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.