All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFootball quickly becomes more than just a game for Alexander Graham Ptuiac, the son of an inventor, when he suddenly manifests superhuman powers during team tryouts. Alex makes the cut, but t before certain nefarious adults take tice, putting his life in danger. He struggles to suppress and control his strange new abilities, worried about exposing his secret and being kicked off the football team. Enter Dex, a diminutive classmate who can somehow jump as high as ten feet in the air. Now, Alex isn't the only one at school with a secret. The only thing stranger than the changes taking over his body (in addition to his new defense against bullies and budding crush) is the shocking truth about himself and his parents. When truth is stranger than fiction, there's only one thing to do. Play ball!
- Author Biography<b>Charles Curtis</b> is a sports buzz reporter for NJ.com who has made radio appearances on 92.9 The Ticket in Bangor, Maine, WLIE 540 AM in Long Island, and on morning shows across Canada via the CBC. He has written for publications including <i>Bleacher Report</i>, <i>Entertainment Weekly, ESPN The Magazine, </i>and<i> TV Guide</i>. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Professor of Geochemistry Charles Curtis
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleStrange Things
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $14.76Trending at AU $17.76
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.