All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionOur hero, Sullivan Chance, is plucked from the rustic obscurity of the American Southwest and thrust by a scheming producer into the spotlight of a new a reality show in which a penniless Sullivan has to travel around the world in eighty days by begging and borrowing whatever he can. If he makes it, he will win $10 million. A vast American audience becomes hooked on the hapless daydreamer's exploits. His adventures take him from the grimy docks of New York to the exotic coast of West Africa, from the mystical heights of the Himalayas deep into the unseen heart of the Amazon. Sullivan Chance becomes the center of a televisual whirlwind in this biting satire of our media-mad, constantly connected, globalized world. Amazingly, improbably, Sullivan makes it around the world before the deadline, but soon after he collects his prize, he's shot down on the main street of his hometown and the money goes missing. We discover Sullivan's fate at the beginning of the story, and the rest of the book takes us on an unpredictable journey to uncover the mysterious life and death of Sullivan Chance.
- Author BiographyThierry Maugenest spent ten years translating books while traveling around the world. He settled down in the South of France, where he started writing his own books. He is the author of three other novels, which have been translated into a variety of languages. David Beardsmore has spent five years translating both German and French texts into English. He currently also teaches English to French adults. Diane Johnson divides her time between San Francisco and Paris.
- Author(s)Thierry Maugenest
- PublisherRoaring Forties Press
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBerkley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoaring Forties Press
- Weight371 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byDavid Beardsmore
- Introduction byDiane Johnson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.