All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStephen Miller, bestselling author of Complete Guide to the Bible and Who's Who and Where's Where in the Bible, compares reading the Bible to driving a country road. We're cruising along reading a fine little story when suddenly we hit a jaw dropper of a narrative pothole. Right out loud we might say, What on earth is this doing in God's holy Word?' You can't read far in the Bible without being jolted by an account of polygamy, slavery, or gender inequality. Other stories read almost like comedies - like the one about a dead man springing to life when his corpse touches a prophet's bones. How do you face these things honestly? With a touch of dry humor, Miller identifies bumps in the road, briefly offers popular interpretations, and leaves you with food for thought. This is a fast-paced, fun, and reliable guide for your tour through the Bible.
- Author BiographyStephen M. Miller is the bestselling author of Who's Who and Where's Where in the Bible (Retailer's Choice Award for best nonfiction book of the year), The Complete Guide to the Bible (400,000 copies sold), and many other books, which have sold over a million copies. He and his wife, Linda, live in Kansas and have two adult children.
- Author(s)Stephen M. Miller
- PublisherHarvest House Publishers,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationEugene, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvest House Publishers,U.S.
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.