All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's a climate of fear in friendly Goulbourn and Shane is forced from his family, and flees to Kings Cross. A lost boy in a loopy neighbourhood, Shane is unsure of his sexuality, more unsure of how to find intimacy and completely thrown by having to choose between laundry liquid and powder. Strangers in Between is a warm, insightful and funny coming-of-age story with endearing characters and very well-observed dialogue from one of Australia's most talented emerging playwrights. Timothy Conigrave's classic memoir, Holding the Man is one of Australia's Favourite 100 Books (2003 Australian Society of Authors 40th Anniversary list), won the United Nations Human Rights Award for Non Fiction in 1995, and has been published in several languages. Holding the Man is breathtakingly honest, achingly funny and a completely heart-wrenching account of a fifteen year relationship that weathered disapproval, separation, temptation and, ultimately, death. It's a story, and a celebration, that speaks across generations, sexual preference and cultures.
- Author(s)Timothy Conigrave,Tony Murphy
- PublisherCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationPaddington
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Weight200 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.