Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionWhenever a group of individuals comes together and interact in order to reach a common goal, differing individual preferences can lead to conflict. This book focuses on the management of these internal conflicts within business organizations. Peter-J. Jost and Utz Weitzel analyze organizational conflicts and illustrate how the parties involved utilize strategic actions to achieve a desired outcome in conflict. The authors use numerous examples of internal conflicts that are well-kwn to both practitioners and academics to define and explain the basic concepts of game theory. They then focus on the management of conflict, highlighting how the strategic behavior of conflicting parties can be influenced by direct governance or by changing organizational framework parameters. In contrast to much of the existing literature in this field, the focus is t on formal definitions or mathematical proofs, but solely on the application of game theory to strategic conflict management. This book represents a valuable tool in the assessment of organizational conflicts from a fresh, strategic perspective underpinned by game theory. It will therefore prove fascinating reading for scholars and practitioners with an interest in a broad range of fields encompassing business and management, strategic management, organizational studies, human resource management and game theory.
- Author BiographyPeter-J. Jost, WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallendar, Germany and Utz Weitzel, Radboud University, The Netherlands
- Author(s)Peter J. Jost,Utz Weitzel
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.