All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionChanges in techlogy, customer demands, competition, and the social character challenge organizations to invate and change. How they change depends on their leaders, and their kwledge, and philosophy. To create a better future for organizations and to improve the wellbeing of customers, collaborators and communities, leaders need to be strategic thinkers. This book describes the qualities of strategic intelligence and provides the conceptual tools that equip leaders to improve and transform organizations in the age of kwledge work. These qualities include foresight, visioning, partnering both within and outside the organization, and engaging and motivating collaborators. To develop these qualities, it is necessary to articulate a leadership philosophy and to gain kwledge of systems, variation, personality psychology, and the theory of kwledge. This book uniquely integrates leadership, personality and organization. Michael Maccoby has almost unparalleled experience of working with organizations in a wide variety of contexts. He draws his insights from several disciplines - organization theory, psychoanalysis, anthropology; and from working with distinguished and pioneer thinkers. These include the psychoanalyst Erich Fromm; the systems theorist Russell Ackoff; and management pioneer W. Edwards Deming. A major challenge for leadership today is the transformation of traditional bureaucracies into learning organizations. It can't be done by following formulas or roadmaps. Leaders need the qualities and conceptual tools of strategic intelligence and this book shows them what they must do and provides exercises to develop them.
- Author BiographyMichael Maccoby is a globally recognized expert on leadership who has advised, taught, and studied leaders of companies, unions, governments, healthcare organizations, and universities in 36 countries. He directed a research program at Harvard on Technology, Work, and Character from 1970-1990. He has taught at a number of universities including Oxford's Said Business School. For his work in Sweden, he was made Commander of the Royal Order of the Polar Star in 2008. He has a BA and a PhD from Harvard in psychology and anthropology, he studied philosophy as a Woodrow Wilson Fellow at New College Oxford, and is a graduate of the Mexican Institute of Psychoanalysis.
- Author(s)Michael Maccoby
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight464 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.