All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStrategic Management: Strategists at Work provides a practical and simple approach to developing a comprehensive strategic plan, as the authors share what they have learned through two decades of strategy work with a myriad of organisations. Focusing on the practicalities of developing strategy and presenting cutting edge theory in an accessible manner, this book delivers key insights into the strategist's role.Key benefits:* Provides a comprehensive range of templates that have been road-tested with over 400 senior managers* Includes extensive case material and interviews * Lecture slides, tutorials, and multiple choice questions available on the companion website
- Author BiographyRobert MacIntosh is Professor of Strategy at the University of Glasgow. He trained as an engineer and has researched strategy development and strategic change for twenty years in a range of public, private, large and small organizations. He has published extensively in top rank journals including Strategic Management Journal, Organization Studies, Human Relations, Journal of Management Studies as well as in a range of more practitioner-oriented outlets including Journal of Business Strategy. He has also published 'Managing Change as Enquiry and Action' with Cambridge University Press (2012). Donald MacLean is a senior research fellow in the Business School at the University of Glasgow. His interests lie in the development of innovative approaches to strategy, leadership, and management within and between organizations. He has published extensively in top international journals including The Strategic Management Journal, The British Journal of Management, Organization Studies, Human Relations and Journal of Management Studies. He is a member of the director development faculty of the Institute of Directors in Scotland and, in addition to his academic work, has extensive experience of industry and management through pervious industrial posts, numerous action-research projects and ongoing strategic management coaching and consultancy. Together, Professors MacIntosh and MacLean have delivered strategy related courses at Glasgow, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Paris (Sciences Po). They have also undertaken executive development work with private sector organizations including the BP, Scottish and Southern Energy, Babcock International Group, Clydesdale Bank, Yorkshire Bank and public sector organizations including the NHS, HMRC and Local Government.
- Author(s)Donald MacLean,Robert MacIntosh
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/12/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note240 p.
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.