All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionStrategic Management in Public Services Organizations sets out to connect the two traditionally disparate academic literatures of public management and strategic management. The authors argue that some models of strategic management are w of enhanced relevance for contemporary public services organizations, especially when considering successive New Public Management reforms. This observation has important consequences for the requisite work practices, skills and kwledge bases of current public managers, as they are increasingly being asked to act as strategic as well as operational managers. Strategic Management in Public Services Organizations takes a strongly comparative and international perspective in addressing the fundamental issue of strategic management within diverse public administrative traditions. The impact of strategic management on the performance of public agencies is examined and it is argued that the appropriate use of strategic management models depends on the politico-administrative and cultural contexts of the public services organization in question, concluding that there is single best way to strategically lead public organisations. This is an advanced textbook aimed at the postgraduate level, particularly students on MPAs and MBAs with a public sector option or MScs in Public Policy and Public Management.
- Author BiographyEwan Ferlie is Professor of Public Services Management at King's College London, UK. He is also Hon Chair of the Society of Studies for Organizing in Health Care, a Learned Society. He has published widely in the field of public management change and reorganizing Edoardo Ongaro is Professor of International Public Services Management at Northumbria University, UK. He is President of the European Group for Public Administration (EGPA) and editor of Public Policy and Administration since January 2015. He has published extensively in the field of comparative public management.
- Author(s)Edoardo Ongaro,Ewan Ferlie
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/03/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.