Strategic Management in the Media: Theory to Practice by Lucy Kung (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $109.31+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $68.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides vital insights into the elements of strategy and their application to media firms. Solidly grounded in theory but t pedantic, it is essential reading for those who make or wish to comprehend choices of media companies. Robert Picard, University of Jonkoping, Sweden Insightful, contextually analytical, yet easy to comprehend, Strategic Management in the Media successfully applies the adaptive and interpretative areas of strategic theory in the media sectors. It provides a unique perspective in which common themes linking media strategy and industry environment are thoughtfully discussed. Sylvia M. Chan-Olmsted, University of Florida ...an invaluable asset for students of media management. The use of pertinent examples and case studies throughout brings the analysis to life and contributes to a highly readable introduction. Gillian Doyle, University of Glasgow This book is a comprehensive, accessible and expert introduction to strategy within a media management context. It is divided into two parts - part one providess an introduction to and overview of the media industry from a strategic management perspective, looking in detail at the sectors that together comprise the industry - newspaper, book and magazine publishing, music, radio and television - and the strategic forces at work in each. This provides the foundation for part two, which analyses a number of strategic topics central to the media sector, such as techlogical change, organisational structure, leadership, and creativity and invation. The chapters follow the same structure: the relevant theory is outlined, its application to the media industry is discussed, and case studies from the media industry are used to illustrate the theory and illuminate its relevance for the media field. The cases and examples used come from all sectors of the industry and a range of geographic regions and include News Corporation, Endemol, BBC, Bertelsmann, CNN, MTV, Disney and Pixar.
- Author BiographyLucy K ng, Media Management and Transformation Centre, Jonkoping International Business School, and Ashridge Business School. She is the author of Inside the BBC and CNN: Managing Media Organisations (2000, Routledge), and also wrote the chapter on Media Management in Donsbach, W. (ed.) , The International Encyclopaedia of Communication (2007 Oxford, Blackwell).
- Author(s)Lucy Kung
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication11/04/2008
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date08/11/2016
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.