Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe importance of the therapeutic time window for ischemic stroke has been widely accepted for a long time. Consequently, I have been thinking about the past, when the term brain attack, which was reimported from the United States, began to spread by repetition. In the 1980s, I had made an enthusiastic study of acute-phase cerebral revascularization for ischemic stroke. At that time, we could cure only a quite lim- ited number of patients, such as those who already were hospitalized or who, fortu- nately, were brought to the hospital within a few hours from the onset of the stroke. RM Crowell, in his 1977 report! on cases of failure, had identified the consider- able problems in acute-phase cerebral revascularization as diagsis of tissue reversibility, brain-protective reagents or methods, and effective techniques for revascularization. I remember that we strongly endorsed his opinion. Recently, the basic study of stroke has advanced significantly, resulting in newly developed materials and new experimental techniques, which are introduced in this book. I hope that new basic kwledge will be clinically applied.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Date of Publication01/05/2002
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight631 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byH. Kikuchi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.