All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe hosting of sports events - whether large international events, or smaller niche events - can have a significant and long-lasting impact on the local environment, ecomy and society. Strategic Sports Event Management provides students and event managers with an insight into the strategic management of sports events of all scales and types, from international mega-events to school sports. Combining a unique conceptual framework with a practical, step-by-step guide to planning, organising, managing and evaluating events, the book explains the importance of adopting a strategic approach, showing how to implement strategies that lead to successful outcomes over the short and long-term. This fully revised and updated third edition uses international case studies in every chapter, from the NBA and NFL to Formula One and the English Premier League, offering real-world insight into both larger and smaller events. In addition, woven throughout the book are a series of in-depth studies of the London Olympic Games, the ultimate sporting event and an important point of reference for all practising and aspiring event managers. The book covers every key aspect of the sports event management process, including * sports organizations, such as the IOC, FIFA and IAAF, and their interactions with event partners, the media and promoters * short-term and long-term benefits of the planning process * event impact and legacy * operational functions including finance, ticketing, transport, venues, IT, human resources, and security * marketing and communications, including social networking and new media * the bidding process * research and evaluation. Strategic Sports Event Management is the leading sports event management textbook and is w accompanied by a companion website containing a range of additional teaching and learning features. The book is important reading for all students of sport management or event management, and all practising event managers looking to develop their professional skills.
- Author BiographyGuy Masterman is Head of and manages the Academy of Sport and Physical Activity, Sheffield Hallam University, and is International Professor at the Russian International Olympic University, Moscow/Sochi and the Universiade Nove de Julho (UNINOVE), Sao Paulo. He has been in academia since 2000 and has previously worked at Northumbria University, New York University and Leeds Metropolitan University. He has worked in the sports and events industries for over 35 years, and since 1988 as an independent consultant. In addition to three successful editions of Strategic Sports Event Management, his publications include Innovative Marketing Communications: Strategies for the Events Industry (Masterman & Wood, 2006) and Sponsorship: A Return on Investment (2007).
- Author(s)Guy Masterman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white tables, 113 black & white halftones, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight790 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.