Strategies for Sustainable Open and Distance Learning: World Review of Distance Education and Open Learning: Volume 6 by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdaptability and the ability to handle rapid and ongoing change are essential for successfully managing any modern educational enterprise, and open and distance learning is exception. In an often over-looked field, this volume examines the nature of sustainability in open and distance learning using case material from a wide range of current educational contexts worldwide. The books themes include: * reflection and analysis of the management of change * collaboration * staff development * quality assurance and funding in an increasingly globalized environment. This book also reassesses the core processes involved in course development, delivery, and student support, in a world that is both linked and divided by access to the latest techlogies. In a rapidly changing world, this book shows how the path from policy to sustainable practice is rarely easy. However, through consistent attention and commitment to meeting the needs of learners, sustainability can be achieved.
- Author BiographyAndrea Hope has worked in the administration of higher education in Hong Kong since 1990, when she became Registrar of its fledgling Open Learning Institute (now Open University). She has been responsible for academic development at both public and private institutions and is currently Associate Academic Vice President of Shue Yan College, which aims to become Hong Konga (TM) first private university. From 2001 to 2003, she was the Education Specialist (Higher Education) at the Commonwealth of Learning. Patrick Guiton is an independent distance education consultant who lives in Fremantle Western Australia. He was foundation Director of External Studies at Murdoch University 1974-94 and prior to that appointment he was a deputy regional director in the British Open University. Experience as a mature-age student led him to develop a particular interest in access to educational opportunity and in the support services required for successful study.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2005
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byAndrea Hope,Patrick Guiton
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.