Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionHow can we systemically improve the quality of classroom instruction and the learning and achievement of students? In an era when isolated examples of excellence are t good eugh, we need systems that support improvement and excellence for all. This book describes how systems can effectively engage in this complex, challenging, and crucial work. The authors explore three core competencies of high-performing school systems: (1) understanding what the work is a deep understanding of the core business of facilitating learning, a vision of what that looks like, and an awareness of where the system is in relation to that vision; (2) kwing how to do the work a theory of action for improving instruction, a focus on key strategies, and effective alignment of resources; and (3) building the individual and organizational habits of mind that foster continuous improvement. Each chapter includes examples that illustrate key concepts in action, questions to spur self-assessment in key areas of competence, and tools and resources for building capacity at different levels and stages of development.
- Author Biography<b>Rachel E. Curtis</b> has worked with a variety of traditional and charter school systems on issues including district improvement strategy, leadership development, and efforts to make teaching a compelling and rewarding career. <b>Elizabeth A. City</b> is director of instructional strategy with the Executive Leadership Program for Educators at Harvard University and a faculty member at Boston s School Leadership Institute.
- Author(s)Dr Elizabeth A City,Rachel E Curtis
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight567 g
- Foreword byBeverly L Hall
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.