All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe Streamline AP* Biology book is a review companion for student enrolled in an AP Biology course. It can be used both as a course textbook and as a supplemental review guide. The book takes on a narrative approach to thoroughly covering the new College Board AP Biology curriculum. It begins with the abiogenesis, or the origin of life (Big Idea I, Essential Kwledge D1 and D2), and continues on through all of the required essential kwledge contents. This content is t linearly aligned to the curriculum framework, but instead it follows a logical sequence focused on explaining how life emerged, how multicellular organisms derived their complexity through evolution by natural selection, and how biological system interact to create higher levels of organization and complexity. This book is thorough and hits on all parts of the AP Biology Big Ideas. In addition, the Investigation companion book (sold separately) provides a thorough description of each of the AP Biology investigations with sample data, analysis and conclusion based on the data, including descriptive statistics.
- Author BiographyTheodore Johnson has worked as a science educator for more than 17 years. During this time, he has taught students from a variety of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds as well as different levels of academic achievement. For the past 10 years, he has taught at Lowell High School in San Francisco, a high-achieving public school. Prior to moving to San Francisco, he taught in the Providence Public Schools (Rhode Island) where he helped plan and implement the district's first science magnet high school, and contributed to a district-wide standards-based curriculum redesign. Mr. Johnson holds a B.Sc. in Chemistry (Tougaloo College), a M.Sc. in Biology (Brown University), and MA in Teaching (Brown University). Additionally, he completed a professional training in secondary school administration (Providence College) and has been certified as a school administrator as well as a biology, chemistry, and general science teacher in Rhode Island, California, and Connecticut. He has also worked on a variety of research projects in the fields of physical and organic chemistry, plant genetics, and immunology. Aside from drawing on his substantive scientific knowledge, the author has put his expertise in curriculum design and instruction his to work in developing this book. He applied a narrative approach based on central themes in biological systems and guided by the AP Biology curriculum framework. This book is the outcome of an ongoing effort to develop an AP Biology course that is fully aligned to the new AP Biology curriculum, and that is student-centered. As you flip through the pages, you will appreciate its rich, colorful, and carefully composed illustrations that are accompanied by simple analogies and relevant real-life examples to bring the subject matter to life.
- Author(s)Theodore Johnson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight849 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.