All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.30Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.82
About this product
- DescriptionStreams around the world flow toward the sea in floodplains. All along this transit, there is exchange of water between the stream itself and the surrounding sediments which form the floodplain. Many chemical, biological, and geological processes occur when water moves back and forth between streams and these flood plain sediments. Streams and Groundwaters focuses on the consequences of water flow between streams, their underlying sediments, and surrounding landscapes. Certain to appeal to anyone interested in stream ecology, the management of stream ecosystems, or landscape ecology, this volume should become a oft-opened reference.
- Author BiographyJeremy B. Jones, Jr. studies land-water interactions, how processes occurring in terrestrial ecosystems impacts the movement of carbon and nutrients into streams, and how nutrients are used within stream ecosystems. His research has a particular focus in northern environments where climate change is thawing permafrost resulting in the release of carbon and nutrients from previously frozen soils, and altering the hydrologic connections between watersheds and streams. A central theme to this research is coupling between climate change, watershed and stream hydrology, and ecology.
- Author(s)Jeremy B. Jones,Patrick J. Mulholland
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication06/12/1999
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleAquatic Ecology
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight720 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.