All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionBased on eight years of hands on experience and more than 300 interviews. Street Saints is a book of motivational stories about unsung heroes and a sociological study of the faith factor, documenting faith-based programs that are treating social maladies in America. This book takes readers on a tour of communities and institutions where faith-based initiatives are making a difference. It profiles the motivated people responsible for these initiatives, the programs they are running, and the communities they are renewing. Street Saints offers inspiration, role models, and guidelines for people who would like to give back to their own communities.
- Author BiographyBarbara J. Elliott is the founder of the Center for Renewal in Houston, which serves the leaders of faith-based groups, particularly those working in the inner city. She is also a philanthropic advisor with the Legacy Group and an Associate Fellow with the Sagamore Institute. She is the author of Street Saints: Renewing America's Cities also from Templeton Foundation Press, which profiles the people, programs, and organizations that are transforming our communities.
- Author(s)Barbara J. Elliott
- PublisherTempleton Foundation Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationRadnor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTempleton Foundation Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.