All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn both Scotland and England the current drug policies show a strong commitment to addressing drug addiction using a model of hope and change to support personal recovery. Strength, Support, Setbacks and Solutions fills a gap in the research base, using a narrative technique to describe personal stories of recovery and how they link to a developmental model of long-term change. They are underpinned by a theoretical model based on three elements: that recovery is a personal journey of change and growth that recovery can be contagious in that it is learned behaviour from other people that individuals' capacity to catch the contagion of recovery is dependent on the resources and supports they have. What this book does is to put personal stories of recovery into this conceptual framework to explore the process of change and its relationship to personal and social resources.
- Author BiographyDavid Best author of Strength, Support, Setbacks and Solutions, Mapping the Road to Addiction Recovery and Addiction Recovery in the UK David Best is associate professor of addiction studies at Monash University and Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Services in Melbourne, Australia. He has worked in the addictions field for 20 years, predominantly in England in a range of university and policy posts, including work at the Maudsley Hospital and the Institute of Psychiatry, Birmingham University and the National Addiction Centre. His main research interests are around treatment effectiveness and the recovery agenda. In the latter capacity, he was the first chair of the Scottish Drugs Recovery Consortium and of the UK Recovery Academy. He has published over 100 peer-reviewed articles and is attempting to develop models to understand recovery peer networks and the growth of recovery capital.
- Author(s)David Best
- PublisherPavilion Publishing and Media Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Publishing (Brighton) Ltd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.