All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive textbook, covering all the important topics under determinate structures. Thisbook departs from the conventional practice of giving all theories in one place followed by a plethora ofsolved problems, and instead presents each theory followed by solved problems pertaining to that theory.This helps the students to understand each theory and its applications in a better manner. When a problemcan be solved by several methods, the same problem is solved by different methods to highlight salientfeatures of the method used. This book is divided into 14 chapters with appendices which contains useful information of this subject. Salient Features:* It is written in a simple language.* Entire subject is divided into chapters, sections and sub sections.* Each topic is described in reasonable detail and aspect is bypassed.* Every theory is followed for solved illustrative problems.* Each concept is illustrated with handful of illustrations kwn as free body diagrams.* Each chapter of this book ends with a section termed as high alert which is a summary of thechapter highlights.* There are a variety of problems for practice at the end of every chapter. With its coverage and approach, the book will be immensely useful to the students and faculties of civilengineering. The detailed derivations and descriptions of underlying concepts make life of a teacher verymuch easy. Technical contents of the book are also useful for students of Architecture.
- Author BiographyPrabhat Kumar obtained his B. Tech. and M. Tech. degrees from I.I.T. Kanpur and Ph. D. degree from I.I.T.Roorkee. He started teaching Civil Engineering in an Australian University and also obtained fieldexperience while working with a consulting engineers group in Melbourne, Victoria. Dr Kumar startedteaching Civil Engineering in India in Former Roorkee University. Subsequently, he joined a nationalresearch institute to do building research. He has authored nearly one hundred papers on various topicsconcerning buildings in refereed international and national journals as well as in international and nationalconferences on various descriptions. Most international publications have received generous citations. Hisresearch on infinite elements and applications has been recognized. He has taught Civil Engineering inseveral private engineering colleges as Professor and Head of Civil Engineering Department between years2006 and 2014. This list includes Delhi College of Engineering (Now, Delhi Technological University); JSSAcademy of Technical Education, Noida; GN Institute of Technology, Greater Noida; AKG EngineeringCollege, Jindal Nagar; Inderprastha Engineering College, Sahibabad; Noida International University, YamunaExpressway and HR Institute of Technology, Ghaziabad. Dr. Kumar specializes in composed and systematictechnical writing.
- Author(s)Prabhat Kumar
- PublisherI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Width180 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.