All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
About this product
- DescriptionWhen our third child Matthew was born with a rare genetic disorder it only changed what was important in life...that is, everything is a gift and it is up to us how we respond to what is presented to us in life. After overcoming the adjustments of life with a special needs child, we decided we were t done with having children. God has chosen to bless us with ather child with the same genetic disorder even though it is almost statistically impossible. Isaac is w a part of our continuing story of faith, perseverance and joy. I started sharing stories of our journey over five years ago in a blog title Lessons from Matthew. At first I thought sharing our story was a creative expression and a way to help others. What I have found it that it helps me just as much. It helps Theresa and the rest of our family reach out and see people, hurting people more clearly and it helps to put our own struggles into perspective. In return, we are strengthened. We have become a ministry of t bricks and mortar and a mission statement. We have become a voice of hope and encouragement as we talk and interact with doctors, nurses, caregivers and to the groups we have been asked to speak and share our story with. We have spent countless hours in surgery waiting rooms, much more time, measured in days and months in hospital rooms and immeasurably more hours with caregivers and nurses in our home over the past 14 years sharing our faith in words, but even more importantly in our actions and in serving through a listening ear and through loving people right where they are at. As it often turns out, we have been blessed just as much as Matthew and Isaac have touched many lives and have been embraced by thousands as they have laughed with us, cried with us and prayed us through each step of their lives. Strength to Care - Reflections for Parents of Children with Complex Medical and Special Needs is a collection of stories, or lessons, that all share a common theme of a hospital stay, surgery, complication or just plain old life is really hard right w. It is our prayer that our journey encourages you and gives you strength to care more deeply and with more understanding as you take care of the ones who have been placed in your care.
- Author BiographyKevin is a husband to Theresa, dad to Hannah, Megan, Matthew, Sarah Anne, and Isaac master to Rocky, Q, Luigi and Ty (the dogs, when they listen) and above all, a child of God and follower of Jesus. When not speaking, blogging and writing about the joys and sorrows of raising our unique family, I enjoy fishing, hunting, gardening and messing around in the workshop building scenery, props and other creations.
- Author(s)Kevin Troupe,MR Kevin Michael Troupe
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.