All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionMeet the growing demand for memory-enhancement programs with this ready-to-use course for boosting brain function! If you have thought about creating a memory enhancement course but don't kw where to start-or you need to improve your existing program-then this Strengthen Your Mind Program is the resource for you. Become an instant expert with all the latest research on brain health and memory at your fingertips-along with fun, interactive games, exercises, and quizzes for participants to use to learn about and practice both old and new mental activities. This all-in-one resource includes complete lesson plans for teaching 12 engaging topics in a course that can run for 3 months or up to a year. Here is everything you need to help participants tune up their memories: * Detailed background information on each class topic * Step-by-step leader instructions * All participant materials including quizzes, worksheets, interactive activities, and homework assignments Following the principles behind the authors' popular memory-enhancing activity books, this course will nurture brain functioning through self-discovery, group discussion, and enjoyable social interactions. Course topics include: * How memory works * How stress, exercise, humor, and nutrition affect memory * What strategies increase memory capacity, from interacting with friends and family to expanding your learning styles * And more! Activity staff in retirement and assisted living communities, and program directors in senior and adult day centers, area agencies on aging, and adult continuing education programs can all make use of this course's robust content. The Strengthen Your Mind Program w makes it easier than ever to make a course on memory enhancement available to everyone.
- Author BiographyKristin Einberger has worked with older adults for 30 years, most of it with people with cognitive impairment. In the last few years, she has focused her time on early memory loss. She developed and facilitated two social day programs for people experiencing early memory loss and assisted in starting another. Currently, she facilitates one of these programs in Fairfield, California. She is also the program coordinator for a senior day program in Northern California. Kristin has presented at numerous local, state, and national conferences, including the Alzheimera (TM)s Association, Brookdale Foundation, American Society on Aging, and the California Council for Adult Education. She has partnered with Janelle Sellick to author a technical manual for the Brookdale Foundation on Creating an Early Memory Loss Program. In addition, she has written an activity card set titled Sharpen Your Senses. Kristin has also written many articles on the same subject.|Janelle Sellick, M.S., RTC/CTRS, has worked with people with cognitive impairment for the past 10 years, and specifically with people with early memory loss for the past 4 years. She developed and facilitated two social/educational programs for people with early memory loss and has also developed educational classes for caregivers. In addition, she has taught numerous memory enhancement classes and seminars to independent seniors. Janelle has presented at many local, state, and national conferences, including the Alzheimera (TM)s Association, the California Park and Recreation Society, the Brookdale Foundation, and the American Therapeutic Recreation Association. She is the author of many newsletter and magazine articles on memory loss and the author of the book Traditions: Improving Quality of Life in Caregiving. Most recently, she has partnered with Kristin Einberger to author a technical manual for the Brookdale Foundation on Creating an Early Memory Loss Program
- Author(s)Janelle Sellick,Kristin Einberger
- PublisherHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Weight544 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.