CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionSewing - for all the fun you get out of it - can sometimes be stressful and frustrating, even for the most experienced of us. You kw that panicky feeling you get when your sewing machine jams? Or the awful frustration of seeing your carefully made stitches in a buttonhole come undone? What do you do when you look on the internet and everyone has a different take on how you should be sewing on a ruffle? There will always be problems and snags, and that's why Stress-Free Sewing is the indispensable reference book for sewers and crafters at all levels, offering troubleshooting tips on how to deal with virtually any sewing situation. Organised by the stages in a project - from choosing tools through to reading patterns, fitting waistlines to adding buttons and zips, all the information is presented so you kw exactly where to look when you get stuck with a problem. Every item used in the sewing process is described, with each entry providing the characteristics, pros and cons and basic considerations of working with that item. Illustrated tutorials offer clear, step-by-step instructions for key sewing techniques. Icons and cross-references make it extremely easy to flick through and find the information you're looking for right away. Packed full of information on tools, fabrics, fittings and techniques, Stress-Free Sewing is the ultimate quick-reference guide for your worktop.
- Author BiographyNicole Vasbinder owns and runs the California-based sewing studio StitchCraft. One of the founding teachers at Stitch Lounge in San Francisco, she continues to teach at Stonemountain and Daughter Fabrics in Berkeley. She has designed and operated the independent accessory line Queen Puff Puff since 2003, and sells her designs to stores all over the United States as well as stores in Japan, Canada and the United Kingdom.
- Author(s)Nicole Vasbinder
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.