All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClearly explaining the how to of stress management and prevention, STRESS MANAGEMENT FOR LIFE, 4e emphasizes experiential learning and encourages readers to personalize text information through practical applications and a tool box of stress-reducing resources, including activities and online stress-relief audio files. Michael Olpin and Margie Hesson offer more than just a book about stress; they offer readers a life-changing experience. Well-researched and engaging, the book empowers students to experience personal wellness by understanding and managing stress, gives stress-related topics a real-life context, and motivates students to manage stress in a way that accommodates their lifestyle, values, and goals.
- Author BiographyMargie Hesson is a Registered Nurse and an Instructor in the College of Nursing at South Dakota State University, where her teaching focus areas are stress management, epidemiology, population-based health care, and complementary/alternative health care. She is endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Association as a Certified Holistic Stress Management Instructor and is the author of two general-audience books on stress and healthy living and a contributing author to numerous textbooks. In addition to more than 40 years' experience as a nurse and a teacher, she has been director of corporate health promotion and is active as a health ministry consultant to churches. She presents and consults on stress management and health promotion topics at state, national, and international levels. Michael Olpin is a full professor and the Director of the Health Promotion Program at Weber State University. He has studied and researched the science of stress management for over 30 years. He received his Ph.D. in Health Education from Southern Illinois University, his M.A. in health promotion, and his B.A. in organizational psychology from Brigham Young University. He has taught at several universities across the nation, including West Virginia University, Virginia Tech, Concord University, Southern Illinois University, Brigham Young University, and Weber State University. Mike's teaching includes many areas of health and wellness, but his primary focus is on stress management, mind/body health, peak performance, mental and emotional wellness, health research methods, and wellness coaching. He has presented papers and spoken at many conferences, workshops, and seminars around the country. In addition to these speaking engagements, he also consults with sports teams and athletes, individuals, and other community groups. He is the founder and Director of the Stress Relief Center at Weber State University where he conducts research and works with thousands of students, faculty, staff, and community members in helping them reduce their stress and reach peak performance. His website, StressManagementPlace.com focuses on stress management and wellness education. He has authored and co-authored two general-audience books on stress management.
- Author(s)Margie Hesson,Michael Olpin
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight907 g
- Width217 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.