All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA sequel to Stress, Appraisal and Coping , this volume explores the latest findings and trends in research and theory. It focuses on the rationale for a cognitive-mediational approach to stress and the emotions, and distinguishes between social, physiological and psychological stress. Topics include: work and family stress; chronic stress; traumatic stress disorders; crisis theory and management; stress in special groups such as ageing and the aged; children and adolescents; the stress of dislocation and immigration; stress and infections; the role of the nervous system; author's view of the recent changes in psychotherapy. This book is essential for all practitioners in the field of stress, appraisal, and coping, and of value to students of psychology, graduate students, academics, and professionals in related fields.
- Author BiographyRichard S. Lazarus was Professor Emeritus at Berkeley University. He published over 200 papers and 18 books about personality and clinical psychology. He died in 2002.
- Author(s)Richard S. Lazarus
- PublisherFree Association Books
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFree Association Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.