All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionA must-read for fans of Agatha Christie's Poirot and Margery Allingham's Campion Mysteries, Lord Peter Wimsey is the immortal amateur sleuth created by Dorothy L Sayers. Three of Lord Peter Wimsey's most baffling cases demonstrate his unique detction skills at their most spectacular. The engima of a house numbered thirteen in a street of even numbers; an indignant child accused of theft, a dream about a game of chess that uncovers the true story behind a violent death. Each of the stories introduces a different side of the twentieth century's most ingenious detective hero. This book also features a biographical essay by Janet Hitchman, Sayers' first biographer.
- Author BiographyDorothy L Sayers was born in Oxford in 1893, and was both a classical scholar and a graduate in modern languages. As well as her popular Lord Peter Wimsey series, she wrote several religious plays, but considered her translations of Dante's Divina Commedia to be her best work. She died in 1957.
- Author(s)Dorothy L. Sayers
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication31/10/1973
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleLord Peter Wimsey Mysteries
- Series Part/Volume NumberBook 15
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Out-of-print date11/01/2017
- Weight96 g
- Width117 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.