Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
About this product
- DescriptionStriving for Perfection questions the very core of the perfection drive. It calls under investigation the mechanism and the validity of this often mad, unfulfilling quest. Our perception has been so strongly altered that we have come to identify perfection with happiness. This book speaks about the true fulfillment, joy and freedom you can only learn by letting go of the need to be perfect in your life and to have a perfect life - the perfect life as imagined and proposed to you by others. You may think you have t been touched by the perfection plague and you remain outside this never-ending chase. But try an exercise of self-honesty and really dive deep in the internal mechanisms of your every day life, in what motivates you, in your perception of self, take a good look of the levels of acceptance you have for yourself and others. Can you really say you are untouched by what some have come to call a disease of this century? This book wants to disclose the trap of perfection and its effects. So often we get blocked in our creativity, communication, love and self-love by this urgency to fit that image. That perfect image. We chase it until we become the chased. And just when we think we have reached it...it just moves one step further, it slips through our fingers, it shifts and lures us with a new promise.
- Author(s)Can Akdeniz
- Date of Publication16/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight45 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.