Stroke Prevention, Treatment, and Rehabilitation by J. David Spence, Henry J. M. Barnett (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $93.31+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionHelp your patients avoid a new or recurrent stroke - with this evidence-based guide. Featuring a rigorous evidence-based approach and hands-on tools, this book will enable you to go further in minimizing the risk of stroke for your patients. Edited by two global authorities, Stroke Prevention, Treatment, and Rehabilitation offers leading-edge insights, new data, and best practices from luminaries in the field - all designed to help you apply proven stroke prevention techniques and treatment protocols to your practice. In concise, practical chapters, the text surveys the epidemiology of stroke, the urgency of treatment and how to unlock the considerable potential for prevention. Specific chapters highlight specific, ready-to-use prevention methods, including: Nutritional counseling, smoking cessation and exercise; Management of hypertension; Antiplatelet, anticoagulation, and lipid-lowering therapies; Intracranial stesis and appropriate endarterectomy and stenting; and, Treatment and rehabilitation for when stroke has already occurred.
- Author BiographyDavid Spence, MD Trained in Neurology with Dr. Barnett before going on to complete training in Internal Medicine, and then a fellowship in Clinical Pharmacology at San Francisco. Has focused on stroke prevention throughout his career. Professor of Neurology and Clinical Pharmacology at the Robarts Research Institute, London, Canada. Ran a hypertension clinic for 20 years; for the past 15 years has run a busy stroke prevention clinic. Pioneered ultrasound measurement of carotid plaque for patient management, genetic research and evaluation of new therapies. Published in 2006 a book for the public; How to prevent your stroke. Wife and first son are family physicians; has done a lot of continuing medical education to family physicians around the world. Selected by the World Congress of Neurology in 2009 to teach the course on stroke prevention. Henry JM Barnett, MD A giant in stroke prevention: first to show that Aspirin reduced the risk of stroke; led the study that showed that carotid endarterectomy reduced the risk of stroke in patients with symptomatic carotid stenosis, and the study that showed that extra-cranial to intracranial bypass was not effective. Founding chair of the department of Clinical Neurological Sciences at the University of Western Ontario, in which Neurology and Neurosurgery joined to form a department separate from Medicine and Surgery. This model, which he pioneered with his neurosurgical colleague Charlie Drake, has been copied successfully the world over. Former editor of the journal Stroke, and internationally recognized as the father of stroke prevention.
- Author(s)Henry J. M. Barnett,J. David Spence
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Medical
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight369 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.