Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionStroke is the third most common cause of death in the world and a major source of disability. This invaluable reference will provide clinicians caring for stroke patients with ready access to the optimal evidence for best practice in acute stroke treatment and secondary prevention. The author, who is a member of the editorial board of the Cochrane Stroke Review Group, describes all available treatments for acute stroke and secondary prevention, the rationale for using them and, where available, the highest level of evidence for their safety and effectiveness. Where level 1 evidence is t available, he offers advice on reasonable practice and information about current research. The evidence for each treatment is followed by the author's interpretations and the implications of the evidence in the care of stroke patients. This is therefore an essential resource for clinicians, translating into practice advances that have been made in the treatment and prevention of stroke and suggesting the most appropriate interventions.
- Author BiographyGraeme Hankey is Head of the Stroke Unit at Royal Perth Hospital in Western Australia. His research is in epidemiological studies and clinical trials for acute stroke and stroke prevention. He is an associate editor of Stroke, an editorial board member of the Cochrane Stroke Review Group and other publications, and the author of several previous books in the area.
- Author(s)Graeme Hankey
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note170 b/w illus. 47 tables
- Weight850 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.