All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $27.08Trending at AU $27.49
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.78
- AU $41.61Trending at AU $46.55
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.59
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $13.20
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.59
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $31.07
About this product
- DescriptionFlourishing people are strong and weak. Two common temptations lure us away from abundant living?withdrawing into safety or grasping for power. True flourishing, says Andy Crouch, travels down an unexpected path?being both strong and weak. We see this unlikely mixture in the best leaders?people who use their authority for the benefit of others, while also showing extraordinary willingness to face and embrace suffering. We see it in Jesus, who wielded tremendous power yet also exposed himself to hunger, ridicule, torture and death. Rather than being opposites, strength and weakness are actually meant to be combined in every human life and community. Only when they come together do we find the flourishing for which we were made. With the characteristic insight, memorable stories and hopeful realism he is kwn for, Andy Crouch shows us how to walk this path so that the image of God can shine through us. Not just for our own good, but for the sake of others. If you want to become the kind of person whose influence leads to healthy communities, someone with the strength to be compassionate and generous, this is the book for you. Regardless of your stage or role in life, whether or t you have a position of leadership, here is a way of love and risk so that we all, even the most vulnerable, can flourish.
- Author BiographyAndy Crouch (MDiv, Boston University School of Theology) is executive editor of Christianity Today and the author of books such as Culture Making and Playing God. Andy serves on the governing boards of Fuller Theological Seminary and Equitas Group, a philanthropic organization focused on ending child exploitation in Haiti and Southeast Asia. He is also a senior fellow of the International Justice Mission s IJM Institute. His writing has appeared in Time, The Wall Street Journal and several editions of Best Christian Writing and Best Spiritual Writing. Crouch served as executive producer for the documentary films Where Faith and Culture Meet and Round Trip, as well as the multi-year project This Is Our City, which featured documentary video, reporting and essays about Christians seeking the flourishing of their cities. He also sits on the editorial board for Books & Culture and was editor-in-chief of re: generation quarterly. He also spent ten years as a campus minister with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship at Harvard University. A classically trained musician who draws on pop, folk, rock, jazz and gospel, Crouch has led musical worship for congregations of five to twenty thousand. He lives with his family in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Andy Crouch
- Date of Publication12/03/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight122 g
- Width137 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Narrator(s)P J Ochlan
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time287
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.