All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionStrong in the Struggle tells the powerful story of the political awakening of Lee Brown-an African American labor activist and a leader of an interracial union of waterfront workers in New Orleans-as a youth from the rural South, his life from childhood among poor black farmers, his encounters with the Jim Crow system of racial segregation and racial violence, his discovery of the changes that could be won when working people organized into unions, his rise to leadership and his time of imprisonment, and his continuing advocacy of the ideals of racial equality and socialism.
- Author BiographyLee Brown is presently retired and living in San Francisco, where he continues to be active in struggles for housing, jobs, health care, and senior citizens' issues. Robert L. Allen, a sociologist and historian, teaches African American and ethnic studies at the University of California, Berkeley. He is senior editor of The Black Scholar journal, and author of several books on the African American experience.
- Author(s)Lee Brown
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/01/2001
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleVoices and Visions: People & Events That Made a Dfference in American Life
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Note20
- Weight426 g
- Width159 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byDr. Julianne Malveaux
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.