All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise guide actually covers t just Pictish fortifications, but all those in use in early medieval Scotland, including those of Strathclyde and Rheged and of the Dal Riata. Konstam introduces the reader to the principal types of fort, including the re-use of earlier defences, before offering more in-depth surveys of Dundurn and Dunadd. As well as architecture and construction he looks at the use of the forts in war and peace, to control the landscape and act as royal strong points.
- Author BiographyAngus Konstam hails from the Orkney Islands, and is the author of over 50 books, 30 of which are published by Osprey. This acclaimed and_widely published author_has written several books on piracy, including The History of Pirates. His most recent work is a full-length piratical biography: Blackbeard: America's Most_Notorious Pirate.__A former naval officer and museum professional, he worked as the Curator of Weapons at the Tower of London and as the Chief Curator of the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum in Key West, Florida. He now works_as a full-time author and historian, and lives in Edinburgh, Scotland. The author lives in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Author(s)Angus Konstam
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/02/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleFortress
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 92
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Notecol and b/w illus
- Weight257 g
- Width186 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Dennis
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.