All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile viscous damping figures in a huge range of engineering applications, this approach is often adopted more for mathematical convenience than modeling the physics of vibration damping. Over the past decade extensive research has been done on more general n-viscous damping models and vibration of n-viscously damped systems. This book is the first comprehensive text to cover vibration problems with general n-viscous damping, presenting important n-viscous concepts and techniques, including many worked examples relevant across a wide range of mechanical, aerospace, and structural engineering applications.
- Author BiographySondipon Adhikari is Chair Professor of Aerospace Engineering at Swansea University, Wales. His wide-ranging and multi-disciplinary research interests include uncertainty quantification in computational mechanics, bio- and nanomechanics, dynamics of complex systems, inverse problems for linear and nonlinear dynamics, and renewable energy. He is a technical reviewer of 97 international journals, 18 conferences and 13 funding bodies. He has written over 180 refereed journal papers, 120 refereed conference papers and has authored or co-authored 15 book chapters.
- Author(s)Sondipon Adhikari
- PublisherISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication27/12/2013
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleISTE
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight690 g
- Width157 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.