All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, first published in 2006, presents an introduction to the methodology of structural equation modeling, illustrates its use, and goes on to argue that it has revolutionary implications for the study of natural systems. A major theme of this book is that we have, up to this point, attempted to study systems primarily using methods (such as the univariate model) that were designed only for considering individual processes. Understanding systems requires the capacity to examine simultaneous influences and responses. Structural equation modeling (SEM) has such capabilities. It also possesses many other traits that add strength to its utility as a means of making scientific progress. In light of the capabilities of SEM, it can be argued that much of ecological theory is currently locked in an immature state that impairs its relevance. It is further argued that the principles of SEM are capable of leading to the development and evaluation of multivariate theories of the sort vitally needed for the conservation of natural systems.
- Author BiographyJames B. 'Jim' Grace obtained his Bachelor of Science degree from Presbyterian College, his Master's of Science degree from Clemson University, and his Ph.D. from Michigan State University. He served on the faculty at the University of Arkansas and later at Louisiana State University, where he reached the rank of Professor. He has, for the past several years, worked at the US Geological Survey's National Wetlands Research Center in Lafayette, Louisiana, USA where he is a Senior Research Ecologist. He holds an Adjunct Professorship at the University of Louisiana in the Biology Department.
- Author(s)James B. Grace
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/08/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note131 b/w illus. 40 tables
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.