All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionModeled after Barbara Byrne's other best-selling structural equation modeling (SEM) books, this practical guide reviews the basic concepts and applications of SEM using Mplus Versions 5 & 6. The author reviews SEM applications based on actual data taken from her own research. Using n-mathematical language, it is written for the vice SEM user. With each application chapter, the author walks the reader through all steps involved in testing the SEM model including: * an explanation of the issues addressed * illustrated and antated testing of the hypothesized and post hoc models * explanation and interpretation of all Mplus input and output files * important caveats pertinent to the SEM application under study * a description of the data and reference upon which the model was based * the corresponding data and syntax files available at http://www.psypress.com/sem-with-mplus/datasets . The first two chapters introduce the fundamental concepts of SEM and important basics of the Mplus program. The remaining chapters focus on SEM applications and include a variety of SEM models presented within the context of three sections: Single-group analyses, Multiple-group analyses, and other important topics, the latter of which includes the multitrait-multimethod, latent growth curve, and multilevel models. Intended for researchers, practitioners, and students who use SEM and Mplus, this book is an ideal resource for graduate level courses on SEM taught in psychology, education, business, and other social and health sciences and/or as a supplement for courses on applied statistics, multivariate statistics, intermediate or advanced statistics, and/or research design. Appropriate for those with limited exposure to SEM or Mplus, a prerequisite of basic statistics through regression analysis is recommended.
- Author BiographyBarbara M. Byrne is Professor Emeritus in the School of Psychology, University of Ottawa, Canada. An internationally recognized expert in the area of SEM, Dr. Byrne's research focuses on construct validity issues as they relate to theoretical constructs and measuring instruments. She is the author of 7 popular introductory books on SEM and has conducted over 100 SEM workshops at conferences, universities, and test publishers around the globe. In addition to the publication of over 95 book chapters and scholarly journal articles, most of which have addressed SEM application issues, she is the author of an important reference book, Measuring Self-concept Across the Lifespan: Issues and Instrumentation. Dr. Byrne is the recipient of three Distinguished Teaching Awards presented by the Canadian Psychological Association, the American Psychological Association (APA), and the APA, Division 5 (Jacob Cohen Award). She is a Fellow in two APA Divisions, is a Foundation member on the International Board of the SELF Research Centre, University of Western Sydney, Australia, and is an elected member of the Society of Multivariate Experimental Psychology.
- Author(s)Barbara M. Byrne
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMultivariate Applications Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Academic
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.