All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionAttachment of dissimilar materials in engineering and surgical practice is a perennial challenge. Bimaterial attachment sites are common locations for injury, repeated injury, and mechanical failure. Nature presents several highly effective solutions to the challenge of bimaterial attachment that differ from those found in engineering practice. Structural Interfaces and Attachments describes the attachment of dissimilar materials from multiple perspectives. The text will simultaneously elucidate natural bimaterial attachments and outline engineering principles underlying successful attachments to the communities of tissue engineers and surgeons. Included an in-depth analysis of the biology of attachments in the body and mechanisms by which robust attachments are formed, a review of current concepts of attaching dissimilar materials in surgical practice and a discussion of bioengineering approaches that are currently being developed.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/10/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight760 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGuy M. Genin,Stavros Thomopoulos,Victor Birman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.