All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnlike other packaging titles, which simply provide templates to copy, this book enables designers of all packaging types to create 3-D packaging forms that are specific to their needs rather than based on an existing design. It teaches a simple net construction system a one-piece 2-D configuration of card seen when a 3-D package is opened out and flattened which enables the designer to create a huge number of very strong 3-D packaging forms that are both practical and imaginative. Each chapter concludes with photographs and net drawings of 610 creative examples of packaging designs made using the principles outlined in the preceding chapter. Structural Packaging gives the reader an understanding of the underlying principles of packaging construction and the technical kwledge and confidence to develop a greater number of their own unusual and invative designs than any comparable book.
- Author BiographyPaul Jackson is the author of over 30 books on paper arts and crafts. He has taught the techniques of folding on more than 150 university-level design courses in the UK, Germany, Belgium, the US, Canada and Israel and been a 'folding consultant' for companies such as Nike and Siemens.
- Author(s)Paul Jackson
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication06/02/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width220 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.