Structural Stability: Theory Implementation by E. M. Lui, Wai-Kai Chen (Hardback, 1987)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $135.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $120.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStructural Stability: Theory and Implementation is a practical work that provides engineers and students in structural engineering or structured mechanics with the background needed to make the transition from fundamental theory to practical design rules and computer implementation. Beginning with the basic principles of structural stability and basic governing equations,Structural Stability is a concise and comprehensive introduction that applies the principles and theory of structural stability (which are the basis for structural steel design) to the solution of practical building frame design problems. Special features include: * modern theories of structural stability of members and frames, and a discussion of how these theories may be utilized to provide design rules and calculation techniques for design * important governing equations and the classical solutions used in design processes * examples of analytical and numerical methods selected as the most useful and practically applicable methods available * detailed information on the stability design rules of the 1986 AISC/LRFD Specifications for the design, fabrication, and erection of structural steel for buildings * dual units (SI and English) with most of the material presented in a n-dimensional format * fully worked examples, end-of-chapter problems, answers to selected problems, and clear illustrations and tables Am outstandingly practical resource, Structural Stability offers the reader an understanding of the fundamental principles and theory of structural stability t only in an idealized, perfectly elastic system, but also in an inelastic, imperfect system representative of the actual structural systems encountered in engineering practice.
- Author BiographyW. F. Chen teaches at Purdue University and serves on the SSRC Executive Committee and the AISC Committee on Specifications. He has been chairman of several ASCE committees; has authored and co-authored several textbooks and monographs; and is the recipient of seven professional awards. E. M. Lui currently teaches at Syracuse University. He is a member of the AISC, the ACI, and the AAM; has published several papers on structural stability; and is the 1986 recipient of the Outstanding Young Man of America Award.
- Author(s)E. M. Lui,Wai-Kai Chen
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/04/1987
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.