All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume, essentially methodological in orientation, presents a spectrum of French, Russian, and American modes of structuralism. Each approach is extrapolated from a structuralist mode of language theory (Derrida), period style theory (Jakobson, Foucault), information theory (Lotman), linguistics and narratology (Christensen, Ohmann; Barthes, Chatman; Heller and Macris), social anthropology (Levi-Strauss), psychoanalysis (Lacan), sociology (Goldmann), or archetypology (Durand). Each is situated in relation to earlier work in each of these fields and then demonstrated and tested by means of concrete application to the analysis of two paradigmatic but profoundly different narrative texts of the rococo period: Prevost's Man Lescaut (1731) and Marivaux's La Vie de Marianne (1731-41). While the main concern is thus a critical examination of the most controversial modern critical perspectives, the study also proposes the first elements of a comprehensive new theory of the rococo.
- Author(s)Patrick Brady
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/12/1978
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleEuropean University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 16
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight340 g
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.