Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Elisabeth Bock (Photo Keenpress) This book contains review articles that produce a snapshot of recent developments in the field of the neural cell adhesion molecule NCAM. The chapters are grouped into sections reflecting various aspects of NCAM structure and function. The themes cover the structural basis of cell adhesion mediated by NCAM and NCAM interaction partners, NCAM-mediated signaling determinants of NCAM function under physiological conditions and in disease, and the therapeutic potential of NCAM mimetics. Section 1, Structure and Ligands of NCAM, introduces the reader to the str- tural basis of NCAM-mediated cell adhesion, discussing the current kwledge of extracellular and intracellular NCAM ligands and the structural basis of NCAM int- actions with the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor. Section 2, NCAM and Polysialic Acid, focuses on NCAM polysialylation, discussing the structural and functional aspects of the most important posttranslational modifications of NCAM by the addition of a long linear homopolymer of sialic acid to the fifth Ig-like NCAM module. Section 3, NCAM-mediated Signal Transduction, is devoted to signal v BookID 187530_ChapID FM1_Proof# 1 - 01/03/2011 BookID 187530_ChapID FM1_Proof# 1 - 01/03/2011 vi Preface transduction mechanisms associated with NCAM-mediated adhesion, with a focus on signaling pathways involved in NCAM-mediated neurite outgrowth, the role of growth-associated proteins, signaling through lipid microdomains, and signaling crosstalk with the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor. Section 4, NCAM Metabolism, focuses on current kwledge about NCAM biosynthesis and the g- eration and role of soluble NCAM.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number663
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 45 colour illustrations, 9 black & white tables, biography
- Weight688 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byVladimir Berezin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.