All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study of n-official structures, lay and religious, focuses on little kwn but ermously effective ecclesial organisations. Hundreds of these transnational Christian organisations are involved in global social engagement that includes: Immigration reform; affordable housing; universal healthcare; food security; wage equity. It presents imitable case studies on the international levels such as The International Movement of Catholic Students and The Jesuit Refugee Service and on the national level, such as Network, and local case studies such as homeless shelters and parish soup kitchens. Structures of Grace shows how these church organisations work and why they are one of humankind's best hopes for a better world.
- Author BiographyKevin Ahern, PhD, is an assistant professor of religious studies at Manhattan College. From 2003 to 2007, Ahern served as the President of the International Movement of Catholic Students (IMCS-Pax Romana), an international network of students in over eighty countries. He has edited The Radical Bible and Visions of Hope: Emerging Theologies and the Future of the Church which won the first place award in Theology from the Catholic Book Publishers Association 2014.
- Author(s)Kevin Ahern
- PublisherOrbis Books (USA)
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationMaryknoll
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOrbis Books (USA)
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.